- After waiting for 24hrs as recommended by the guid, I still had the issue. No LEDs or lights while plugged in, no power button light, and when pressing power button, only momentary green LED on usbc C side where power adapter was connected. But nothing else, no life or lights.
- Decided to follow the steps again. Waited for red LEDS to blink after reinserting RTC, then main battery, then power adapter. Instead of waiting the suggested 5 min before disconnecting power and re-assembling, I waited 30 min. Then followed remaining re-assemble state. This time, after re-assembly, when I plugged the power adapter in, the normal charging LED lit. I waited a further 30 min, then pressed the power button, and alas, the machine came to life.
Note: When dissembling the second time, when I removed the RTC coin battery, I took the liberty to put a multi-meter across it, and it seemed fine reading about 3.34v so I don't thing the CR battery was flat.
I followed this guide, and received all LED indications as described in the various steps. After reassembling the laptop and plugging in the power, there is still no indication of charging after 20 min. The only LED that briefly flashes green on the right side (where my USB C adapters are) No other LED is on, no power button or elsewhere. I will wait a little longer to see if something changes. The instructions do say though that the laptop can be used while charging for the 24h for the coin battery to recharge.
- i5-1240 Australia. 16Gb Ram.
- running Ubuntu 22.04
- followed FW post install steps for Ubuntu.
- I changed bios setting to maximum battery 75% and used for a few days, but never allowed for it to run down fully.
- Yesterday I also followed and ran the post-install script https://community.frame.work/t/automated... after seeing the battery life not being great, I chose the hibernate option and left it lid closed, unplugged onite.
Once they have, you'll be able to view a graph of their reputation gained over time.
Here's a preview of what the graph will look like:
No reputation gained yet.